Speaking at an interview with Lebanon’s al-Mayadeen television network on Wednesday, Mohammed al-Bukhaiti, a member of Ansarullah’s political bureau, said Yemeni people have rightful demands, warning that Yemen’s army forces “have the ability to target Saudi Arabia and UAE’s oil installations if those demands are not met.”
Earlier in the day, spokesman for the Yemeni Armed Forces Brigadier General Yahya Saree also warned the foreign companies with operations in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates to immediately leave the two Persian Gulf countries as the six-month UN-brokered truce ended without any further extension.
In a post on his Twitter account, Saree renewed the warning for the foreign firms stationed in the two aggressor countries to move their operations to other “less risky” countries in order to prevent “further losses.”
“You must transfer your investment from an aggressor country to a less risky one in order to prevent further losses. Examples of such countries include the #UAE and #Saudi Arabia,” he wrote.
Earlier, Sare’e had said the warning will stay in place “as long as the American-Saudi aggression countries are not committed to a truce that gives the Yemeni people the right to exploit their oil wealth in favor of the salary of the Yemeni state employees.”
The initial two-month ceasefire, the first since 2016, began on April 2 and was renewed twice.
In a statement, United Nations Envoy for Yemen Hans Grundberg called on all Yemeni sides to refrain from acts of provocation as negotiations are continuing, after an October 2 deadline for extending the UN-brokered truce expired.
Saudi-led coalition strikes Yemen’s Hudaydah port
Meanwhile, the Saudi-led coalition has carried out fresh airstrikes in Yemen’s western coastal province of Hudaydah, military sources say.
According to Yemen’s Arabic-language al-Masirah television network, Saudi reconnaissance drones entered the skies of the port city on Thursday and targeted the Hays district several times.
The Saudi-led collation’s missiles have also continued pounding different parts of Hudaydah over the past 24 hours, it added.
Saudi Arabia launched the devastating war on Yemen in March 2015 in collaboration with its Arab allies and with arms and logistics support from the US and other Western states.
The objective was to reinstall the Riyadh-friendly regime of Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi and crush the popular Ansarullah resistance movement, which has been running state affairs in the absence of a functional government in Yemen.
While the Saudi-led coalition has failed to meet any of its objectives, the war has killed hundreds of thousands of Yemenis and spawned the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.