Sirens blare in the occupied Golan Heights shortly after midnight Thursday as rockets were fired at Israeli positions, occupation army said.
Occupation authorities ordered municipalities in the Golan Heights to open bomb shelters in the northern plateau, with residents in the area were asked to stay in protected areas, Israeli media reported.
Occupation army spokesman, Lt Col Jonathan Conricus, said that around 20 rockets were fired at its forces at around midnight in the occupied Golan Heights from Syria, causing damage to several Israeli military bases.
He blamed the rocket fire at the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps’ Al-Quds Force, adding that Israel’s anti-missile system intercepted four of the rockets.
“We know that comes from the al-Quds force,” Conricus said, adding that the occupation army “takes very seriously this Iranian attack.”
Later in the early morning hours, explosions could be heard in Damascus, with official SANA news agency reporting that the Syrian air defense system intercepted hostile Israeli missiles.
“Dozens of missiles were shot down by anti-aircraft systems in Syrian airspace,” SANA said.
Israeli occupation military spokesman later confirmed it had carried out the raids, claiming that dozens of Iranian military targets had been struck and all its aircraft had returned safely.
The spokesman said that the Zionist military didn’t want to escalate.
“We are not looking to escalate the situation,” Conricus said, but warned Israel would respond forcefully if attacked.