Syrian soldiers and their popular allies stormed the defense lines of Jeish al-Fatah in 1070 Housing Project in the Southern districts of Aleppo, and took back more building blocks in the complex, field sources said minutes ago.
“After hours of tough street battle with the Jeish al-Islam terrorists, the Syrian government forces took back more building blocks and restored security to over 90 percent of the 1070 Project,” the sources said, adding, “The army and its allies are resolved to capture the remaining 10 percent of the project in coming hours.”
Reports said earlier today that Syrian Army’s artillery and missile units opened very heavy fire at Jeish al-Fatah’s gatherings and forced them to hide in their positions without considerable movements to open their closed supply line from Aleppo to Khan Touman.
“The Syrian government forces engaged in heavy fighting with Jeish al-Fatah terrorists near military academy buildings, in the meantime, heavy fire of army’s artillery and missile units did not leave any chance for the terrorists to advance towards Um al-Qara’a hilltop,” the sources said.
“Nine armored vehicles of Jeish al-Fatah were targeted and their crew was killed in the clashes in military academy buildings,” they added.
“In the meantime, Syrian military forces fortified their positions in Um al-Qara’a which is the most important hilltop in the region for monitoring the supply roads of terrorists coming from Khan Touman to al-Rashedeen,” they went on to say,
“Um al-Qara’a also overlooks the entire roads in al-Ramousiyeh and military academy buildings, including a road connecting al-Hekma school to Taslih academy building,” the sources said.