Middle EastWorld News

Iran’s nanotech. economy upped 20-fold in 4 years


The assessments of Iran Nanotechnology Initiative Council show a 20-fold increase in the volume of nanotechnology economy in the past four years, Iran’s VP for science and technology said Sunday.

Sorena Sattari said Sunday that in the past four years, despite the difficult economic conditions, Iran has had an average annual growth of over 120% in the field of nanotechnology. He added that the volume of sold nanotechnology products by Iranian companies has boosted from nearly $5.4 million in 2011 to over $100 million in 2015.

According to Sattari, the volume of nanotechnology economy can be defined as the total value of nano production by Iran whose main feature has resulted from a nano material or through a nano process.

Every year, Iran Nanotechnology Initiative Council (INIC) assesses the country’s nanotechnology economy with accurate precision and according to sales reports of nanotechnology companies, he said.

Sattari went on to add that 35 percent of the total nano production market in Iran in 2015 was allocated to exports and the remaining 65 per cent was consumed by domestic market.

“The volume of Iran’s nano product exports reached $4.31 million in 2015, which is a remarkable figure for such a new area of technology,” he said.

Sattari deemed the most important industrial areas for nanotechnology which includes over 330 technological products from 157 companies as textiles industry, polymers and composites, health and medicine, construction, power plant industries, etc.

According to him, 15 knowledge-based companies have so far exported their products to over 20 countries including Iraq, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Russia, and South Korea.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button