Saudi regime says 2 soldiers killed on Yemen border

Zionist Saudi regime says two of its troops have been killed in battle against Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah fighters on the kingdom’s southern border.

The official Saudi Press Agency said the fatalities were from the “national guard” but withheld information on when or how the troops had been killed.

The agency also said the Saudi military had downed a drone near the international airport in the city of Abha, the capital of the kingdom’s southwestern Asir region.

Yemen’s Army said it struck the positions of Saudi-backed militants in the western Yemen province of Hajjah with a Qaher 2 ballistic missile.

Meanwhile, Yemen’s al-Masirah television network published a video of the aftermath of a Saturday attack by Saudi warplanes on the capital Sana’a.

Witnesses said the attack took place just before sunset as people prepared to break the dawn-to-dusk Islamic fast of Ramadan.

Four people were killed and 15 others injured in the attack that targeted a gas station, medical sources said.

The video showed a local pointing to a car, saying it was carrying a child and a woman who died in the attack.

More than 14,000 have died and upwards of 55,000 wounded in the invasion, which seeks to restore Yemen’s Riyadh-allied former government.

More than 2,200 others have died from a cholera outbreak, which has taken hold of the county as its health infrastructure has been majorly destroyed by the invaders. Millions more are on the verge of famine amid an all-out blockade by Saudi Arabia.

Mark Lowcock, the United Nation’s humanitarian affairs chief, said Thursday that “some 8.4 million people are severely food insecure and at risk of starvation” in Yemen.

“If conditions do not improve, a further 10 million people will fall into this category by the end of the year,” he warned.

The data was added on , 27 May 2018 viewed 126 times.
Comments

No comments yet.

Top of page