EXCLUSIVE: Iraqi Forces Continue Advances in Anbar Province, Destroy over 340 Suicide Vehicles
The Iraqi forces continued their advances to the North of Fallujah after purging terrorists from most of the regions in the city and destroying over 340 of their bomb-laden vehicles used for suicide attacks.
“The Iraqi forces are working hard to take control of the surrounding areas of Fallujah city as they have destroyed a sum of 346 of their suicide vehicles,” a battlefield source told FNA on Sunday.
The battlefield source said that several ISIL suicide attackers tried to slow down the mop-up operations in the Northern part of Fallujah city, but the Iraqi forces’ vigilance prevented them from achieving their objective.
Earlier on Sunday, Iraqi Army’s Baghdad Operations Command announced the liberation of 40 more areas in Fallujah from the ISIL control, while the command reported deaths of over 500 ISIL members as the operation to restore security in the Western city continues.
“The joint security forces, during the liberation operations of Fallujah, managed to liberate 40 more areas from the ISIL control,” the spokesman for Baghdad Operations Command, Brigadier General Saad Moen, said in a press statement.
The spokesperson pointed out that the security forces killed “over 500 ISIL members during the battles, in addition to dismantling tens of explosive devices and booby-trapped vehicles”.
“Fallujah is now under the control of the security forces except few areas that will be liberated completely in the coming days,” General Saad Moen concluded.