Hezbollah announced in a statement on Monday that the resistance movement had targeted with guided missiles a military position for Israel’s infantry force in al-Dhahirah site in the north of the occupied territories.
“In support of our steadfast Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip, and in support of the valiant and honorable resistance, the forces targeted Zionist infantry force at the al-Dhahirah site with missiles, inflicting heavy losses among the enemy’s ranks,” the statement said.
Israel’s Army Radio confirmed the attack and reported two injuries as a result of anti-tank missiles fired from Lebanon.
Hezbollah said in another statement that its fighters targeted a Zionist infantry force near the Branit barracks with missiles from southern Lebanon. In a third statement, the Lebanese resistance movement added that its forces targeted al-Raheb site as well as al-Ramtha site in the Shebaa Farms and left several casualties.
Hezbollah slams Israeli attack on media reporters
In another development on Monday, the public relations office of Lebanon’s Hezbollah resistance movement condemned an earlier attack by the Israeli regime against a media convoy in the border town of Yaroun in southern Lebanon.
The Israeli assault left a journalist wounded with minor injuries and damaged one of the broadcast vehicles.
“The Zionist occupation forces’ targeting of the media working in the south while on an announced tour in the town of Yaroun to cover the effects of the Zionist attacks is described as a crime and a blatant attack aimed at preventing the media from exposing their terrorist practices and ongoing crimes,” Hezbollah said.
“This new crime is added to the enemy’s record of crimes against journalists and media outlets in Palestine and Lebanon,” the resistance movement added.
“We are confident that this will not prevent free journalists from continuing to perform their honorable mission in conveying images of steadfastness, heroism and resistance, as well as exposing crimes of aggression.”
Since the start of Israeli war in Gaza last month, the occupying regime has conducted sporadic attacks on southern Lebanon, which have triggered fire exchanges between Tel Aviv and Hezbollah.
In a televised address on Saturday, Hezbollah Secretary General Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah said the resistance movement would continue to exert pressure on Israel to force the regime to end its brutal military campaign against the Gaza Strip.
Israel waged the war on Gaza on October 7 after Palestinian resistance groups, including Hamas and Islamic Jihad, launched Operation al-Aqsa Storm into the occupied territories in response to the Israeli regime’s intensified crimes against Palestinians.
Since then, the occupying regime has embarked on an incessant bombardment of the Gaza Strip, with official reports saying the Palestinian death toll from Israeli strikes on the Gaza Strip has climbed to 11, 240, including 4,630 children and 3,130 women. More than 28,000 others injured in the regime’s military onslaught so far.
The Tel Aviv regime has also blocked access to water, food, and electricity in Gaza, plunging the coastal area into a humanitarian crisis.
Israel has so far defied calls by the international community to implement a ceasefire in Gaza.