Syria launches debris removal campaign in Idlib province

Syria’s Ministry of Emergency and Disaster Management on Thursday launched a debris removal campaign in parts of Idlib province aimed at accelerating recovery efforts and reopening key roads.
The project, carried out in coordination with the Idlib governorate, targets the towns of Khan Sheikhoun, Maaret al-Numan and Jisr al-Shughour, areas that sustained significant damage during years of war.
Emergency Minister Raed al-Saleh said in a post on X that the initiative will focus on clearing rubble and reopening main and secondary roads to improve basic services and facilitate the return of residents.
The operation is expected to take eight months and will be implemented by specialized contractors. Authorities aim to remove at least 600,000 cubic meters of debris, he added.
Al-Saleh said the campaign builds on earlier efforts that saw approximately 450,000 cubic meters of rubble cleared last year as part of a national recovery plan.
Officials say clearing debris is a key step in restoring infrastructure and creating conditions for displaced residents to return.




