Yemeni forces hit Saudi base with ballistic missile
Yemeni forces have targeted a Saudi Arabian military camp in a retaliatory ballistic missile attack on the kingdom’s territory.
The attack was launched on the border region of Jizan early on Wednesday.
Such attacks are part of a drive by Yemeni forces and allies to avenge Saudi Arabia’s relentless military aggression against the country.
On Monday, United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said that there must be accountability for the “appalling conduct” of the ongoing war on Yemen after a recent Saudi airstrike left over 140 civilians dead and prompted global condemnations.
“Aerial attacks by the Saudi-led coalition have already caused immense carnage, and destroyed much of the country’s medical facilities and other vital civilian infrastructure,” he said.
Some 10,000 people have so far been killed in the Saudi war on Yemen, according to the United Nations (UN).
The war launched in an unsuccessful attempt to restore power to Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, a Saudi ally who has resigned as Yemen’s president but seeks to forcefully return to power.