The Arabic language al-Watan reported that the Syrian Army’s deadline for the exit of terrorists from Eastern districts of Aleppo has ended, but no militant or civilian has thus far left the city via the humanitarian corridors, including Bostan al-Qasr and Costello.
In addition to preventing militants’ approach to the two specified corridors, Fatah al-Sham Front (the al-Qaeda-affiliated terrorist group previously known as the al-Nusra Front) has also threatened civilians with death if they approach the six humanitarian corridors that connect Eastern Aleppo to its Western part.
Reports from the city said terrorists blocked the exist of hundreds of residents in the Eastern districts of Aleppo, who had gathered near al-Kelaseh checkpoint, from approaching Bostan al-Qasr corridor.
Terrorists meantime arrested over 20 residents of Bostan al-Qasr neighborhood on charges of cooperation with the Syrian army, local sources told al-Watan.
Terrorists’ cruelty and oppression against civilians in the Eastern districts of Aleppo has significantly increased, pushing people into escalation of uprising and clashes with the militants.
A field source in Aleppo Operations Room said on Tuesday that the Syrian Army will not give any other chance to Jeish al-Fatah terrorists and will start its final operation against militants’ positions in the Eastern part of Aleppo soon.
“Terrorist groups have refuted the entire terms of the ceasefire to pull back their forces from the Eastern Neighborhoods of Aleppo to maintain security of civilians. The militants are still using civilians as human shield and do not allow them to leave the Eastern parts of the city,” the source said.
“The 24-hour ultimatum of the Syrian army to the terrorists ended last night (Monday night), so the army’s operation will soon start. Reconnaissance planes have carried out tens of flights over the city and its countryside and specified the targets,” the source added.