200 family members of the gunmen that had not endorsed peace agreement with the Syrian Army and left al-Wa’er district in Northwestern Homs for the border town of Jarabulus in Northern Aleppo could not tolerate the terrible life conditions in the regions controlled by Ankara-backed militants and applied to get back to Homs.
The family members of the gunmen were transferred from Jarabulus to the town of Tadif and then returned to al-Wa’er district after government forces reviewed their applications.
In the meantime, Homs Governor General Talal al-Barazi said that hundreds more of the residents of al-Wa’er that had been relocated to Jarabulus applied for getting back to Homs, adding that a new group of the relocated gunmen and their family members will return to Homs soon.
The families of gunmen spoke of the tragic situation and inhumane behavior of the armed groups with the citizens in the camps, which lack even the lowest living standards in absence of all health services and public amenities.
Well-informed sources in Northwestern Syria reported on Sunday that some of the family members of the gunmen that had been relocated to militant-held regions in Idlib have returned to Damascus province after they were treated violently by local militants.
The sources said that 20 family members of the gunmen that had previously refused to endorse peace with the Syrian Army in the town of al-Tal in Damascus province and had been relocated along with their families to Idlib province returned to al-Tal again.
The sources said that the oppressive and discriminatory attitude showed by the local militants towards the newcomers had been the root cause of the return of the relocated gunmen’s family members to al-Tal.