Mass grave discovered in Syria’s Aleppo controlled by terrorists previously
A mass grave has been discovered in a district in the Syrian city of Aleppo, previously controlled by Takfiri terrorists from the co-called Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).
The so-called Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said that ten corpses were removed in the Jabal Bursaya region, northern Aleppo.
The UK-based group added that it is investigating reports of other possible mass graves discovered in Aazaz District in the wake of the ISIL withdrawal from the city.
The ISIL, which is mainly based in the cities of Raqqah and Aleppo, is responsible for the killing of hundreds of people and is regularly engaged in clashes with other foreign-backed militant groups operating in Syria.
The Takfiri militants started to withdraw from Aleppo and several other northern areas on Friday, just ahead of a deadline set by the rival al-Qaeda-linked militant group al-Nusra Front.
“ISIL has withdrawn from Aazaz, its most important bastion in Aleppo Province, as well as the Minnigh military airport, the Mayer region and the villages of Deir Jamal and Kafin,” the observatory said.
“Aleppo region is their weakest link, so they fear being attacked there by Nusra and other rebels after the deadline expires,” said observatory director Rami Abdel Rahman.
On February 26, the observatory said infighting among foreign-backed militants has left around 3,300 casualties since January.
“Some 3,300 people have been killed ever since the start of fighting on January 3” between militants of the al-Qaeda-linked ISIL, on one side, and other militants, on the other.