Iranian Intelligence Minister Mahmoud Alavi has revealed the details of several thwarted Takfiri “suicide” bomb attacks across the country.
On Tuesday, Alavi announced that during a series of security operations earlier in the month, 10 Takfiri terrorists were apprehended in Tehran and three other central provinces.
He added that the terrorists had planned “remote control bombings, suicide attacks, and car bombings” in several busy locations.
During the operations, security forces identified 50 bombing locations, confiscated over 100 kilograms of explosives, and stopped the delivery of at least two tons of explosive materials to the terrorists in the country, he elaborated.
Iran’s Supreme National Security Council Secretary Ali Shamkhani said on Monday that the attacks were planned for the holy month of Ramadan.
“Wherever it may occur in Iran, any suspicious move will be swiftly detected; this is thanks to the presence of the people and capable and experienced organizations,” he said.
On Monday, Iran’s Intelligence Ministry released a statement about the foiled bombing plots by Takfiri-Wahabi groups. The intelligence minister also announced in May that 20 terrorist cells that had planned to detonate bombs and cause insecurity across the country had been dismantled.