Aknaf Bait al-Maqdes continued its progress in Yarmouk camp for Palestinian refugees in southern Damascus whereas Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) renewed its refusal of any military solution in the camp.
According to a report issued on Sunday by the Action Group for Palestinians in Syria, Aknaf Bait Al-Maqdis brigades’ leader Abu Ahmad said the ISIL and Jabhat al-Nusra are floundering as many cases of escape among their fighters have been documented.
Abu Ahmad said the brigades were able to regain blocks close to Salahuddin Mosque, which was previously taken over by the ISIL. He confirmed that the brigades are still besieging the security zone in Palestine roundabout in the camp.
He pointed out that 60 ISIL terrorists were killed by the brigades in battles fought in different areas over 18 days since it took over the camp.
He stressed the need to activate the popular action to defeat Jabaht al-Nusra and ISIL in coincidence with military operations led by Aknaf Bait al-Maqdes brigades with Syrian opposition factions.
Abu Ahmad called for urgent humanitarian and relief aid for the camp as well.
The Action Group for Palestinians in Syria said three Palestinian refugees of the camp have been killed by Jabhat al-Nusra fighters who kidnapped them for seven months without releasing the reasons or justifications.
For its part, the Executive Committee of the PLO confirmed its intention to continue working on helping the Palestinians in the besieged Yarmouk camp.
It affirmed providing support for the camp and sending a delegation of the PLO leaders including all the factions in the camp to follow up field developments.
The PLO Executive Committee confirmed, in a statement following a meeting in Ramallah on Saturday evening, its constant position of avoiding the military option as only it leads to more destruction to the beleaguered camp and displacement of its steadfast people.