ISIL has had a rough 48 hours in the Deir Ezzor Governorate after their subsequent withdrawal from the Al-Dagheem Farms on the outskirts of the Al-Mari’iyyah Quarter near the Military Airport. Further adding to their plight, an ISIS contingent attempted to attack the Military Airport from the eastern perimeter; however, the convoy was ambushed approximately 500 meters away from their destination.
The National Defense Forces (NDF) ambushed the militants from ISIS on the way to the Deir Ezzor Military Airport, resulting in a tumultuous explosion from a car bomb that was intended to be detonated near the eastern walls of the base. The ambush netted a total of 19 ISIS fighters killed and 2 vehicles destroyed, including a pick-up truck mounted with a 23 mm anti-aircraft machine gun.
At the Agricultural District of the Al-Rashidiyyeh Quarter, the 104th Airborne Brigade of the Republican Guard obstructed an infiltration attempt by ISIS militants near the Deir Ezzor Bank. According to a 104th Brigade source, 11 ISIS fighters were killed during the infiltration attempt – the only identified fighters killed were the following: Ghaazi Abu Al-Fadel of Raqqa City, ‘Ar-Raqqa and Nasra’ali Kamaal of Al-Wa’er, Homs.
Identified ISIS fighters killed in the last 48 hours:
1. Dawoud Al-Salameh (Al-Hussayniyyeh)
2. ‘Idrees Awaghali (Airport)
3. Taariq Al-Ahmad Al-Khalif – “Abu Haatem” (Military Airport)
4. Abu Baha’a Al-Masri – Egyptian (Military Airport)
5. ‘Abdel-‘Aziz Al-Fateeha – Tunisian (Military Airport)
6. Nasser Dahaam Al-‘Ali (Military Airport)
7. ‘Usama Jasseem Suleiman (Military Airport)
8. Fareed Ahmad Al-Mustafa (Military Airport)
9. Khaled ‘Ammaar Al-Sabiyya’(Military Airport)
10. Hussein Al-Mohammad Al-Shahadeh (Military Airport)
11. Mou’az Khalel Al-Nasser (Jissr Al-Siyaasiya)
12. ‘Ala’al-deen ‘Isma’aeel – Egyptian (Jissr Al-Siyaasiya)
13. Fada’a ‘Abdel-Rahman – Libya (Jissr Al-Siyaasiya)
14. Safyaan ‘Abbas (Jissr Al-Siyaasiya)